Sunday 12 June 2011

Bad Ufos Skepticism Ufos And The Universe By Robert Sheaffer Ufo Sightings Debunker Claims Ufos Are Not Real

Yes he's loathsome, misogynistic and an uber debunker, but I had to laugh at the title. "Debunker" claims UFOs are "not real." Well dahlings, duh. He's a "debunker." Bad UFOs: Skepticism, UFOs, and The Universe - by Robert Sheaffer: UFO Sightings Debunker Claims UFOs Are Not Real! So here we go, before we've even started -- that so" very" tired meme that "UFOs aren't real." This from a "critical thinker."

Why Sheaffer would agree to be on a "pro UFO" program with a bad reputation, even among pro-UFO people, as he described them, is a mystery. Any opportunity to attempt to convert I suppose. This particular interview, which I have not listened to (and doubt I will) involved a religious debate. Sheaffer comments that religions contradict each other; clearly he's never seen an episode of Ancient Aliens. And this made me laugh, where he remarks on how hard it is to find people to argue with:

"And I learned some interesting things: in trying to set up a longer future debate on a different internet radio channel, there was a difficulty in finding a UFO proponent willing to debate me!"But he holds out hope, for:

"But I also understand that the indomitable Flying Saucer physicist, Stanton T. Friedman, is unafraid to debate. So we will probably see such a debate in the coming weeks. "He's giddy because, as he writes,

"Friedman has said so many absurd things over the years that I will greatly enjoy making him eat them."Oh, we so "really" very much doubt that!

Credit: paranormal-factor.blogspot.com

Popular Posts